Delegate Welcome Information
Please scroll down for details on planning your visit to our central Manchester venue
HOW TO FIND US
We are centrally located and nestled among some of Manchester’s most iconic landmarks – The Town Hall, St Peter’s Square and Central Library
- We are located directly behind the distinct Central Library building
- We are a short walk from Oxford Road Station and one minute walk from St Peter’s Square tram stop
GETTING HERE BY TRAM
Our nearest stop is St. Peter’s Square, which is a one minute walk away from our front door. From Manchester Piccadilly take any tram heading to either: Altrincham, Didsbury, Eccles or Media City and alight at St. Peter’s Square. Only two stops away.
GETTING HERE BY TRAIN
We are within walking distance of all the city centre railway stations, approximate walking distances: Manchester Piccadilly – 20 min Manchester Victoria – 15 min Manchester Oxford Rd – 10 min Salford Central – 15 min Deansgate – 10 min
GETTING HERE BY BUS
Several bus routes stop near the Meeting House, including the Metroshuttle, which is a free bus service linking the main rail stations, car parks, shopping areas and businesses in Manchester city centre. The nearest Metroshuttle bus stop is Peter Street. Find out more at www.tfgm.com. Other bus services stop at Piccadilly Gardens, which is approximately 10 minutes’ walk from the Meeting House.
FINDING US FROM ST PETER'S TRAM STOP
- Once off the tram at St Peter’s tram stop look for the Central Library building and head towards it
- When facing the library there is a entrance area to the right of the building. Go through the door and head towards the alley at the other side
- You will find our Meeting House at the end of the alley across the road
MAP OF LOCAL AREA
WHERE TO STAY
Our central location means delegates have a wide choice of hotels to choose from. Below are some of our favourites located within walking distance of our venue.
THE JURY’S INN
56 Great Bridgewater St, Manchester, Lancashire M1 5LE – 0161 953 8888
Walking distance 7 minutes
- On the website – select Manchester, your dates, number of nights, number of people etc. Then type
in “FRIENDS19” within the promo box.
- This should then show you the best available rate plus your 20% discount
This cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Contact: Louise Brennan – firstname.lastname@example.org
PREMIER SUITES MANCHESTER
64 Shudehill, Manchester, M4 4AA – 0161 827 3930
Walking distance 14 minutes
- On website – select BOOK NOW, add your dates and discount code “PREMIER10” to obtain your 10%
- Alternatively email Charlotte Broad – Sales Manager –
Blackfriars St, Manchester, M3 5AL – 08719 846 159
Walking distance 11 minutes
- Join up to Travelodge’s mailing list below to receive 5% off your next booking with them.
PREMIER INN MANCHESTER CENTRAL
7-11 Lower Mosley St, Manchester M2 3DW – 0871 527 8742
Walking distance 4 minutes
WHERE TO PARK
First Street located on Anne Horniman Street M15 4FN Manchester | The cheapest when booked online | *Receive 10% off through the website with our discount code - PT0417FMH*
New York Street, M1, Manchester | We suggest the THE QUADRANGLE or NEW YORK STREET, please be aware these need to be booked in advance of arrival and can be booked online
There are spaces for disabled parking badge holders on Mount Street opposite the main entrance.
WIFI ACCESS AND SPECIFICATION
PASSWORD AND USER NAME
Network: FMH Customer Wi-Fi
1) Find the above network
2) Enter the password: welcome1
THE TECHNICAL DETAILS….
Our wireless currently sits on a dedicated ADSL2+ broadband line which gets 14mb/s down and 1Mb/s up. The wireless is an Ubiquiti system with 8 access points around the site which covers all areas of the building at full signal strength. Band Width is: 14 Mbps downstream 1 Mbps upstream
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO FRIENDS’ MEETING HOUSE, AND REMEMBER TO TWEET AND FACEBOOK US….