SOUTH MANCHESTER MEETING HOUSE
Friends’ Meeting House, 82 Wythenshawe Road, Northenden, Manchester, M23 0DJ
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT....
We look forward to you using our South Manchester Meeting House. Below is some important information about using the venue.
Getting to South Manchester Meeting House
There are a number of options for travelling to the Meeting House please click on your preferred option below to get more detailed instructions.
Northenden, Wythenshawe Road / Princess Parkway (Stop C) is directly opposite the Meeting House.
The bus that stops there (as of July 2021) is:
41 – Middleton to Sale bus
Northenden, Princess Parkwy / Britannia Hotel (Stop D) is a 5 minute walk from the Meeting House
The bus that stops there (as of July 2021):
X5 – Sale to Stockport
Moor Road is the closest tram stop, and is a 30 minute walk. Weather permitting you can walk through Wythenshaw Park and Gardens.
FROM PALETINE ROAD
When you drive towards the Meeting House from Palatine road, after the overhead motorway bypass there is a bus stop on the left and immediately after a feeder lane on the right to turn into the Meeting House. It’s a bit of a complicated junction but using the feeder lane makes it easier.
The Meeting House is opposite the large park (Wythenshaw Park and Gardens) From the feeder lane you will see a very small drive (enough space to fit one car) with a black gate which opens on to the drive way and car park, enough space for around eight cars.
From Wythenshaw road way, it is the very last building on the left and comes as a bit of a surprise. So if you go under the motorway and see Britannia Hotel on your left you have gone too far. You need to turn round and use the above instructions.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Please familiarise yourself with the below information before using the venue:
- In the event of a fire the fire exits are the front door, the door from the main meeting room into the car park and the fire exit from the Children’s Room
- The Fire Notice is on the wall by the front door. Ensure you have an evacuation plan. If the alarm sounds leave at once
- Heating booster controls are by the front door
- The First Aid kit and Accident Book are in the kitchen
For our evacuation procedures please see out Evacuation Information Page: https://meetinghousemanchester.co.uk/evacuation-information/
USING THE MEETING HOUSE
To ensure we can continue hiring out the Meeting House to local groups we ask the following:
- No blue tac on the walls
- No smoking/vaping/alcohol in the building
- There are cleaning items in the kitchen
- Please leave the Meeting House as you find it
WIFI ACCESS AND EQUIPMENT
Wi-Fi password: friendsmeeting
LEAVING THE BUILDING
When you are ready to leave the building please ensure that:
- All the windows are closed
- All the taps are turned off
- All the plugs are turned off at the wall except where indicated
- All the lights are turned off
- You do not need to set an alarm
- Lock the front door
- If you have used the safe key, return the key for the next user
The caretaker is part-time and will turn their mobile phone off when not at work. If
you have a problem leave a message on our Manchester office number: 0161 834 5797. You can also email email@example.com Your message will be picked up when the office is next open (usually 8.30am weekdays).
If you have had a problem we would like to know, please leave a message on the
above number or send an email.
If you smell gas ring 0800 111 999 (24hour service)
If you see something suspicious ring Police 999 or ring 101 for non-emergency calls
- Telephone: 07392 199 565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org