0161 834 5797 firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are any current vacancies we have at the Friends’ Meeting House. Please apply using the email@example.com email address.
- Are you an experienced business manager with the skills to lead a team?
- Could you deliver improvement by piloting impactful changes to processes, while maintaining staff morale?
- Would you like to work in a friendly and supportive environment where co-operation and team work are genuinely valued?
- Do you want to feel that your hard work contributes to a greater social good?
Our business is hiring out meeting rooms and conference facilities, primarily at our Central Manchester site but also at 4 smaller buildings in Eccles, Northenden, Sale & Warrington – learn more at www.meetinghousemanchester.co.uk.
Quaker Trading (Manchester & Warrington) Limited is a trading subsidiary, wholly owned by Manchester and Warrington Area Quaker Meeting, which is a registered charity. Our vision is to be a leading example of ethical business in the Manchester area, embodying Quaker values and generating income to support Quaker work (learn more about Quakers at www.manchesterquakers.org.uk ). Our work is guided by Quaker beliefs and a commitment to: equality (respecting people, valuing diversity, treating everyone equally); integrity (always working openly & honestly); sustainability (striving to reduce our negative impact on the environment & encouraging clients to make more sustainable choices); and peace (working co-operatively & contributing to a culture of nonviolence).
The Business Manager reports to the Executive Officer and is responsible for:
- managing and leading the Office Team, who are responsible for all aspects of the booking and planning of client events
- managing and leading the Hospitality Team, who are responsible for the set-up and practical running of client events
- supporting the development of the business and marketing strategy
The role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and permanent, subject to successful completion of the 6 month probationary period.
See the full job description and person specification for more details.
Job Salary & Benefits
We operate a salary spine point system based on the NHS Agenda for Change scale. The starting salary for the Business Manager is £24,214, which will rise to £24,907 on 01.04.2020.
We offer the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays, plus 3-day Christmas closedown period
- 7% employer pension contribution (subject to minimum 1% employee contribution)
- Employee assistance scheme
- Up to 5 days public service leave per year (to support your involvement in voluntary work)
We value experience from voluntary as well as paid work.
We are committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and expect all our staff to share and uphold this commitment.
Business Manager Job Specification, Job Description and Application
We are committed to equality and encourage and welcome applications for posts from all sections of society. There is no requirement for the Business Manager to be a Quaker, but you must be comfortable upholding Quaker values.
If you are an applicant with a disability and have any specific needs or adjustments that you would like us to make during the application process then please contact us to discuss them.
Application is by completion of our application form and must be submitted by 12 noon on Monday 3rd February 2020 by:
Post: Friends’ Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester M2 5NS